We’re hiring! Junior front-end designer & developer
Full-time, Central Bristol, £22-30k DOE
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, passionate team designing and building market-leading digital products and websites. Based in the heart of Bristol, Unfold is a product studio that helps ambitious start-ups and scale-ups accelerate their business through exceptional design and tech.
At Unfold, you’ll be an integral part of our web team, working together to deliver real, measurable impact. Whether that’s smashing booking records for a national self-storage chain, growing a brand-new plant delivery service through lockdown or bringing private dining experiences to homes across London you’ll be working to make the magic happen.
As a studio we care deeply about what we create and who we work with – our fantastic reputation means we’re able to choose projects based on what best aligns with the interests and expertise of the team. Something you’ll contribute and input on as we grow.
We’re a friendly bunch (I know, we would say that, but really) who understand the pressures of everyday life, and especially what that means in 2021. That’s why we take a people-first approach to everything we do.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time, having rebranded at the start of 2021 we have several exciting projects ready and waiting for you to get stuck into. If you have any questions about the role, drop us a line – we’re more than happy to have a chat.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with (and learn from) our world-class development team to build the front-end for marketing websites and web-apps.
- Design beautiful and functional interfaces for the web – ranging from marketing sites to booking funnels and web applications.
- Come up with new ideas and solutions to solve complex design problems.
- Design for and maintain the Unfold brand, creating materials for our Marketing Manager.
- Work closely within our team, explaining your ideas to co-workers and clients.
- You relish in the opportunity to do great work as part of a small team where projects have a real impact on our clients and their users.
- You’re not afraid of the unknown. You might not know how to do something yet, but that’s all part of the fun. You enjoy figuring out how to solve new challenges.
- You love the work you do, and you’re constantly seeking out new ways to improve things and solve problems.
- You value both giving and receiving constructive and honest feedback.
- Previous agency experience desirable but not required.
Some experience in:
- HTML5, CSS3/SASS
- Modern prototyping design software (Adobe XD, Figma or Sketch)
- Adobe Suite (Illustrator)
Nice to have’s / interest in learning:
- React, Typescript
- WordPress & WooCommerce
- Git/source control
We’re not expecting you to have experience in all of these technologies. We hire attitude over experience – all we ask is for a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Salary of £22,000-30,000 DOE
- Some remote working post-COVID (typically 1-2 days a week)
- Flexible working
- MacBook Pro, monitor & all the goodies
- 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- Learning and personal development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Regular team socials (virtually for now)
Yes before no: our ‘Can do’ attitude keeps us moving forwards. If we can’t do it yet, we’ll soon find a way.
Deliver success, not just a service: we’re entrepreneurs, just like our clients, so we understand their need to succeed and get results.
Integrity comes naturally: if we say we’ll make something happen, happen it will. We don’t move the goalposts and we stick to our word.
Challenge everything: sometimes we’re right and sometimes we’re wrong, but we’ll always bother to ask ‘why?’. We’ll challenge our own and our client’s ideas in pursuit of perfection.
Cherry on top: there is nothing we enjoy more than the smile on your face at the end of a project. We go above and beyond to add that touch of magic that really makes the work sparkle.
- Drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about why you’d like to work at Unfold, including your CV and link to a portfolio if you have one.
- If all looks good then we’ll invite you for a telephone/zoom interview. An informal chat about your experience, aspirations and capabilities.
- Next, we’ll send you a short technical task to complete in your own time. Once you’re ready, we’ll ask you to join us for an interview to talk through what you’ve done, explaining your work and the choices you made. We’ll also talk more in-depth about your experiences; let you meet the team and find out more about our work.
Unfold is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly favour diversity and inclusion.
No agencies, thank you!